I started the work on a little groundwork for my E-75 and added some more details to the tank itself as a few missing weld seams, tracks etc.
Still a long way to go as I don't have a lot of time and motivation for modelling but I hope to finish the project at least in 2012 ;)
After a long time building only 1/72 and 1/48 models I decided to start a new one in 1/35.
I chose Trumpeter's E-75 as it gives me a lot of freedom in details and camouflage. I will add some details from my spare box, mostly from Panther and Tiger II kits. The new turret is scratchbuilt using some parts from Trumpeter.
More progress to follow soon (hopefully).
My Pakwagen is almost finished now, it only needs a few touch ups here and there, a bit of the crew's personal stuff and a figure. Hope you like the model and its base as I am not the most talented dio-builder out there.
The Tiger II received the weathering of the running gear, I still have to paint some details such as the c-hooks, some tools etc.
I decided to build a new base for the Tiger, the old one was completely unsatisfyng. Of course it is not finished right now, I want the tank to sit a bit deeper in the ground to simulate the massive weight of the Tiger. I will also have to fix some other issues of the base... but sadly my holidays are over soon so I won't have a lot of time for modelling in the near future.
Finally I'm back with a new computer as my old one crashed.
I'm really happy to show you some more pics of my Tiger II during the weathering process. Again still a long way until calling it done.
Besides the Tiger you can see my following project, DML's Sd.Kfz. 251/22 "Pakwagen". It received a turned gunbarrel from RB and I tried to add a few details using plastic card and copper wire.
Long time no speak but I'm back with a little update on my Tiger II production turret. As you can see I started to paint the model. The yellow basecoat was applied with an airbrush, the camoflage by brush (my first brush-camo since I started modelling years and years ago). I'm quite happy with the result and will continue to weather my Tiger within the next days.
I also started a little diorama but I'm not sure wether I should use it or not as I'm not completely satisfied with it right now but I think I will finish it first and will decide it then. A rather large spruce tree is still missing (I still wait for my order) and will be placed in the rear left corner. Still a lot of work to do...
For some reasons I'm not that much into modelling lately but I managed it to build a small and easy kit over the last few days: Revell's 1/72 Tiger II with Henschel turret. I also used a pe-set from Voyager and added some details here and there, mostly from scratch. Sadly the kit's tracks are about half of a link too short (or maybe I'm just too stupid to assemble them correctly) and I will have to think of a solution for this problem. The Tiger will receive a three tone hard edged camouflage inspired by Mirko Bayerl's well-known and great rendition of a Tiger of s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501 in Hungary.